Thursday, August 7, 2014

Deb's Book Blog: Introduction


Deb's Book Blog

The debblog is back!  But in a different incarnation, as for the moment I'm really tired of politics. The purpose of this blog is simple:  to share impressions of books, books that I've liked, books that I've recently discovered, even books that have driven me crazy.  Most of you who might look at this blog are, or have been, fellow travelers in academia . . . and are incorrigible readers.  Your tastes may be different than mine (I gravitate toward non-fiction, for example), but I think we all share a love of books and the new experiences/ideas they can give.

If I can figure out how to do it, I'd love for this site to be a space for friends to share reading recommendations and our critiques of what we've read recently (whoops:  too much alliteration). 

The illustration (which I posted today as a Throwback Thursday thing) is the first library I remember . . . in Marinette, Wisconsin, where I was born and lived (other than a three-year residence across the river in Menominee, Michigan) until I was eight years old.  How could one not love books when one could walk to such a lovely library (and have a friendly librarian who adhered to the all-the-books-you-can-carry rule)? 

Later tonight, I'll try to write my first Weekend Reading suggestion.  For now, I just want to see if this new site works.  



No comments:

Post a Comment